Wells Hallmark
News

‘Precious Petals’ are a big part of Cattlemen’s Ball

Many opportunities to contribute to cancer research will be available at the 2008 Cattlemen’s Ball in Boone County, and one important project is the “Precious Petals” Campaign.

This campaign offers the opportunity to purchase centerpiece bouquets of red roses, in honor or in memory of a loved one.

The $100 bouquets will decorate the Trail Boss tables at the evening meal on Saturday, June 7, and the donor will have the opportunity to keep the bouquet after the meal.

The significance of this campaign is that each single petal represents an individual volunteer or participant coming together to create a symbol of love, respect and courage.

These bouquets are available to all Cattlemen’s Ball ticket-holders, as well as others who would like to contribute them and participate in the unified effort to raise funds for cancer research.

At least 90 of the bouquets will be used to decorate the Trail Boss tables. Contributions for these bouquets can be made by mail to Precious Petals, PO Box 428, Albion, NE 68620, or contact Wendy Carraher at Cornerstone Bank, 800-933-3714, or Kay Erickson, 395-6963.

All Cattlemen’s Ball admission tickets are also on sale at Cornerstone Bank.

All ticket holders are invited to the Saturday evening meal and all evening entertainment, including the Diamond Rio concert.

The meal menu includes prime rib, baked potato, green bean, mushrooms and cheese casserole, spring lettuce salad, dinner rolls and butter, homemade carrot cake and chocolate brownies.

There are currently about 20 committees working on various aspects of the Cattlemen’s Ball.

All proceeds from this event benefit health care, with 90 percent going to Eppley Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha. The remaining 10 percent is used to fund health care needs within the area sponsoring the Cattlemen’s Ball each year.

Cattlemen’s groups, such as the Boone-Nance Cattlemen, Inc., support the event but receive none of the proceeds.