Information meetings on the proposed Boone County Courthouse expansion/renovation project will be held in towns throughout the county starting next week.
County commissioners on Monday set the meeting schedule as follows:
- Albion Area Meeting, Monday, Sept. 22, 8 p.m. in the Courtroom of the Boone County Courthouse. This meeting will follow the Boone County Planning Commission meeting Monday evening.
- Cedar Rapids Area Meeting, Tuesday, Sept. 23, 7:30 p.m. in the Cedar Rapids Community Center.
- St. Edward Area Meeting, Thursday, Sept. 25, 7:30 p.m. in the St. Edward Fire Hall Meeting Room.
- Petersburg Area Meeting, Monday, Sept. 29, 7:30 p.m. in the Petersburg American Legion Hall.
- Primrose Area Meeting, Tuesday, Sept. 30, 7:30 p.m. in the Primrose Community Building.
- Akron Area Meeting, Thursday, Oct. 2, 7:30 p.m. in the Akron Church.
An additional meeting will be held for local area contractors who are interested in bidding on the project. This meeting will be held Monday, Sept. 29, at 2:30 p.m. in the Courtroom of the Boone County Courthouse.
All meetings will be attended by at least one County Commissioner, as well as a representative of the architecture firm, Cannon Moss Brygger & Associates, or the construction manager, Beckenhauer Construction, Inc.