Wells Hallmark
News

Two weekend fires damage Albion homes

Photo shows damage to a roof and soffit of the home at 138 South Sixth Street.Fires on Friday night and Saturday evening, July 2 and 3, damaged two Albion homes.

A fire was reported at about 10:30 p.m. Friday at the residence of Chad Johnson and Sheila Arends, 138 South Sixth Street. The southeast corner of the second story roof was burning when firemen responded. The blaze was quickly knocked down, but firemen then had to remove a portion of the roof and soffit to extinguish fire in the attic area. A aerial firework apparently ignited the blaze when it landed in the rain gutter.

On Saturday, July 3, a second fire call was answered at 6:30 p.m. to a home on Sale Barn Road, occupied by Ryan Fajman, just east of the Albion Livestock Market. This fire apparently started from an electrical short in the bathroom area. It was also extinguished in a short time.

Details in the July 7 Albion News Print and Electronic Editions.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment