An assortment of historic items, dating back more than a century, was recovered early this month from the cornerstone of the old Albion Telephone Co. office at 327 West Church Street.
The building was demolished Jan. 5-7 to make room for a parking area. During that process, Delwyn Lough recovered a copper box (time capsule) from the building’s cornerstone.
The building was built in 1909 as the home of the Albion Telephone Company.
Details in the January 19 Albion News Print and Electronic Editions.