Wells Hallmark
Big Give
News

Fire damages Albion home

Firemen arrive at Sherrill home on Dec. 27.A fire Thursday afternoon, Dec. 27, caused extensive damage to an Albion home.
Albion Fire & Rescue was called to the Royce and LaVonne Sherrill home, 602 West Fairview Street due to a fire in the home’s attic. The fire apparently started in electrical wires and heat tape on a water line, according to Fire Chief Bruce Benne.
The fire was confined to the attic Thursday. Firemen ventillated the roof, thought they had extinguished all hot spots, and power was turned off to the home.
Early Friday morning, Dec. 28, smoke was again seen coming from the house, and firemen were summoned at about 7 a.m. The blaze had reignited in different areas of the attic and walls of various rooms. Firemen had to remove some ceiling and wall coverings to extinguish it.
Damage was estimated at $50,000 to the structure and $10,000 to $15,000 to the contents.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment