Wells Hallmark
Big Give
Feature

Early morning fire destroys local home

Firemen extinguish hot spots in the home destroyed by fire early Friday morning.
Firemen extinguish hot spots in the home destroyed by fire early Friday morning.
An Albion home was destroyed by fire early Friday morning, May 20, while the occupants were away on vacation.
Albion Fire & Rescue was called to the scene by a passerby at 3:07 a.m.
The two-story frame house was occupied by Vicki Rother and her daughter, Sydney, who were out of town at the time.
Firemen said the blaze apparently started in the front portion of the house and spread from there. The structure was considered a total loss.
Albion Fire & Rescue arrived on scene at 3:16 a.m. and remained on scene until about 8 a.m. They were called back again in the early afternoon to extinguish some smoldering material in the attic area.
The fire was investigated at the scene by the Nebraska State Fire Marshall’s office. Benne said preliminary indications are that the fire started from an electrical source in the living room area.
A benefit account for the Rothers has been set up at Cornerstone Bank, Albion, and pledges can also be made online through GoFundMe.com.