A preliminary plan in place for “exit/re-entry” of the elementary school building and science classrooms, to prepare for renovations there this summer, was reviewed by the Boone Central School Board on Monday night, April 10.
Following is the tentative plan as presented by Superintendent Cory Worrell, with key dates in bold face:
• Wednesday, May 10 is the last full school day for all high school students, and the last day of school for seniors.
• On Thursday and Friday, May 11 and 12, all science materials, including cabinets, will be moved out of the science rooms.
• On Thursday, May 11, high school teachers will use their work time to prepare classrooms for fire sprinkler system installation.
• Friday, May 12, will be a half day of school for elementary and middle school students. The other half day will be teacher work time.
• On Monday, May 15, demolition will begin in the high school science classrooms. In the morning, high school staff will make final preparation of classrooms for fire sprinkler installation.
• Monday through Wednesday, May 15-17, will be moving days for exiting the elementary classrooms. High school and middle school staff will be helping elementary staff, with teams to be formed for the moving operations.
A pickup and trailer will be used for each grade level. Trailers will be loaded and unloaded by each team assigned to an elementary classroom. All classroom materials will be loaded into the new wrestling room where each teacher will be assigned a space. Trailers will deliver goods to southeast wrestling door from Fifth street and exit through gate on Walnut Street.
• On Monday, May 22, demolition begins to prepare for the elementary/science remodel.
More details in the April 12 Albion News and Petersburg Press print & e-editions.