Last week, the Boone County Foundation Fund awarded more than $21,000 in grant funding to 11 area charitable organizations as part of its annual grant program.
This funding is used to help area organizations fulfill needs or goals that are designed to support quality of life across Boone County.
Receiving grants were:
• Albion Area Arts Council, $2,000 for programming;
• Albion Public Library, $3,500 for outdoor lighting;
• Albion Senior Center, $2,400 for old counter top removal;
• American Legion Post #334, $375 for Boys State/Girls State sponsorship;
• Boone County Historical Society, $1,227 for PowerPoint equipment;
• Good Samaritan Society-Albion, $600 for bathing room updates;
• Petersburg Rescue Squad, $4,000 for a 12-lead EKG machine;
• Petersburg Volunteer Fire Dept., $2,500 for a washer/extractor for protective gear;
• Smoyer-Wathen Monument Committee (Boone County Historical Society), $2,000 for the Smoyer-Wathen Monument;
• St. Edward Development Co., $2,000 for radar speed sign;
• Village of Primrose, $1,000 for parking area, sidewalk and flagpole for the village park.
Details in the May 3 Albion News and Petersburg Press Print and E-Editions.