Wells Drug February
News

Fire damages Albion home

A fire Saturday afternoon, Dec. 22, caused extensive damage to the kitchen area at the Marla Loeffler home, 948 South Third Street in Albion.
Fire Chief Bruce Benne said the fire department was called at 1:54 p.m. and remained on the scene for about two hours.
Damage to the kitchen was extensive, with mostly smoke damage to the rest of the house, Benne said. There were no injuries to residents.
The fire apparently started from an overheated pot on the stove that spread to the cabinets and ceiling. Structural damage was confined to the kitchen area.