Gifts totaling $100,000 for 2019 to Boone County organizations and projects were recently announced by the Wesley and Irene Mansfield Foundation of Tama, IA.
A major beneficiary of Mansfield gifts was the Boone Beginnings Early Childhood Center, which will receive $50,000 in the first year of a five-year pledge totaling $250,000.
Other local organizations and projects receiving funds from the Mansfield Foundation this year are:
• St. Edward Fire Department, $5,000 for flood relief;
• St. Edward Community Center, $5,000 for construction costs;
• Albion Area Arts Council, $5,000 for programming;
• Albion Education Foundation, $5,000 for scholarships for high school graduates;
• Boone County Health Center Foundation, $10,000;
• Boone County Fitness Center, $10,000;
• Boone County Ag and Education Center, $10,000 for the first year of a 10-year pledge totaling $100,000.