Construction bids on the new Albion Fire Station were accepted by the City Council in a busy session last Tuesday night, March 11.
The bids, totaling $776,611 were presented by Roger Ternus, fire chief, after recommendation from architect Michael Kennedy.
Construction is expected to begin this spring on the 170 x 75 foot building.. Bids were opened March 3 by the architect and fire department.
Following is a list of the accepted construction bids:
•Building construction, Aschoff Construction, Osmond, NE, $236,364.
• Concrete installation, complete, Aschoff Construction, Osmond, $189,728.
• Interior finish, Aschoff Construction, Osmond, $53,741.
• Electrical installation, complete, Stephens Supply, St. Edward, $37,450.
• Heating and air conditioning, complete, Stephens Supply, St. Edward, $23,920.
• Plumbing (without lift station), Norvell Plumbing LLC, Gretna, NE, $58,900.
• Lift station, Rutjens Construction, Tilden, $87,108.
• Fire sprinkler system, Nebraska Fire Sprinkler, Alda, NE, $26,800.
• Excavation work, Bygland Dirt Contracting, Albion, $20,000.
• Architecture, Michael Kennedy, Arkitekt, Inc., $32,000.
• General contractor, Aschoff Construction, Osmond, $10,600.