Albion/Boone Central Alumni are invited to participate in a variety of activities during the coming weekend, Friday and Saturday, June 19-20, in Albion.
About 150 banquet tickets had been reserved as of Monday, June 15. Deadline for registrations was June 16.
Following is the finalized schedule of events:
Friday, June 19
Stock Car Races, 8 p.m., Boone County Raceway
Saturday, June 20
- 2009 Cardinal Run – 5K; two-mile Fun Run/Walk, and one-mile Kids Run, starting at 9 a.m. About 100 people have registered for this event. Registration is open until race day by contacting Nicole Levander, Boone County Health Center, 395-3165.
- Breakfast buffet at Junction 14-91, 9 a.m.
- Four-Person Scramble Golf Tournament starting at 9 a.m. at Albion Country Club.
- Albion Chamber of Commerce Million Dollar Golf Challenge will be underway through Saturday at the Country Club. Semifinals start at 1:30 p.m., followed by the finals.
- Sand Volleyball Tournament at Boone County Fairgrounds, 9 a.m. A total of 10 teams are registered. Spectators are welcome. Proceeds will go to the Alumni Scholarship Fund.
- Alumni Banquet at Boone County Event Center, fairgrounds, 6:30 p.m.
- Dance and socializing at Boone County Events Center, fairgrounds, 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Boone County Museum will be open for extended hours this weekend: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 1:30 to 5 p.m. on Sunday.