Several new candidates have filed with the Boone County Clerk’s office during the past week for election to county and local offices.
Final election filing deadline is this Thursday, March 1, at 5 p.m.
New filings as of Tuesday, Feb. 28 were:
- Tom Fick, Republican for Boone County Commissioner, District 2
- Dee Schalk for Cedar Rapids School Board
- Max Olson for St. Edward School Board
- Travis Stephens, Sandra C. Scheffler and Jim Plebanek for St. Edward City Council
- Mary Rutten for Cedar Rapids Village Board.