Boone Central School patrons will be deciding a $20,850,000 bond issue for school construction at the May 15 primary election.
The school board approved a resolution authorizing the bond issue during a special meeting Tuesday evening, Feb. 28, at the school.
The bonds would finance five primary facilities projects:
- A new high school building for grades 9-12 with an estimated cost of $13,658,000;
- acquisition/improvement of a site for the high school building, with an estimated cost of $2,414,500;
- renovation of the present Albion school building to serve pre-kindergarten, elementary and middle school with an estimated cost of $827,500;
- a 500-seat fine arts auditorium with an estimated cost of $2,950,000; and
- renovation of the present outdoor athletic complex with an estimated cost of $1 million.
Details in the Feb. 29 Albion News Print & Electronic Editions.