Fire damages Albion house

A fire early Wednesday morning, Feb. 17, damaged the interior of a home at 605 South Second Street in Albion.
Albion Fire Chief Bruce Benne said the fire department was summoned about 2:25 a.m. to put out the blaze that was caused by an electrical malfunction. The fire burned through walls and into the attic before it could be extinguished. He estimated damage above $10,000.
Arlene Taylor, the home’s occupant, escaped the house without injury but had to find other housing until the house can be repaired.
Albion Fire and Rescue responded to the scene with four units and 12-14 personnel. Firemen were on the scene until about 5:30 a.m.