Competition actually began on March 22, and Boone Central members participated in 21 contests over a three-week span.
In the end, Boone Central brought home championships in six competitions and earned runner-up honors in three others. Several of them earned the right to represent Nebraska in the National FFA Convention to be held next fall.
Their advisor, Abby Hitchler, announced the following results:
• Livestock Management (54 teams total): Dustin Andreasen, Cody Maricle, Carson Maricle, Gavin Dozler and Braden Benes
Within the Livestock Management Contest, which consists of competition in six different livestock species, these members also placed in the top in several categories.
Dairy Management – first place;
Swine Management – first place;
Poultry Management – second place;
Beef Management – third place.
Junior Livestock Evaluation (47 teams total): Brant Benes – third place individual purple (180 individuals total); Cassidy Maricle – fifth place purple; Addy Donelson – 12th place purple; Kolton Rasmussen – 21st place blue.
• Junior Public Speaking – Bella Meyer, champion.
• Diversified Crop Production, Placement Proficiency Application – Samantha Weeder, champion.
• Agriscience Fair, Animal Systems, Division 6 – Brittany Preister and Sydney Tisthammer, champions.
• Agriscience Fair, Plant Systems, Division 6 – Kaitlyn Pelster and Emily Naber, champions.
State Runners Up
• Cooperative Speaking – Gavin Dozler, second.
• Beef Production, Placement Proficiency Application – Braden Benes, second.
• Landscape Management Proficiency Application – Garrett Rasmussen, second.
Complete story and more photos in the April 14 Albion News/Boone County Tribune and Petersburg Press, print and e-editions.